Many people find stopping smoking is easier with hypnotherapy
A few facts about smoking
- About 120,000 people in the UK die each year due to smoking
- The cost of smoking 20 cigarettes a day for the next 20 years is around £62000
- It takes an average of 3 attempts to stop smoking
Hypnotherapy is a very common intervention to aid you in stopping smoking.
- Relaxation to help deal with the stress.
- Using pattern interrupts to break unwanted habits.
- Motivation to beat the withdrawal symptoms.
- The self confidence that you will succeed.
- Strategies to counter weight gain.
Hypnotherapy for smoking is not a magic pill. It doesn’t work the way film and television have traditionally portrayed it:
- You sit down.
- I do something funny with my eyes and you go to sleep.
- I work my magic.
- You wake up and never smoke again.
I may as well add ‘and they all lived happily ever after’ to the end because that is nothing more than a fairy tale.
In reality, you play an active part in the treatment – this is something we do together. It is true: some people leave the hypnotherapist, never get a craving and never smoke again. Others though, will experience some form of short term cravings. These don’t last long and the nicotine – the addictive part of a cigarette – has fully left your body in 3 days. Still others may face moments questioning their ability to do this or a momentary feelings of anxiety. These are what the tools are for though. You are not alone in this, we can do it together.
As an ex-smoker of 20 a day for over 20 years I understand your concerns. When I finally stopped nearly 15 years ago after several years and many failed attempts, I could not believe how easy it really was to become a non-smoker. I couldn’t believe how quickly I began to feel different, healthier more alive (not to mention the extra money that I had in my pocket!) My only regret was that I had not done it sooner.
Click here for smoking cessation FAQ’s
I offer help with stopping smoking using hypnotherapy from either of my 2 practice locations in Worksop and Blyth.